Tomorrow I’ll be meeting with 10-12 friends to teach them HOW TO START A BLOG.
The first question I could ask — but won’t — is WHY do they want to start a blog.
I won’t ask because I suspect two things: (1) most of them know little about blogging at all and (2) the majority are most likely hungry for any social media knowledge they can get.
So let’s consider that First Question:
SHOULD YOU START A BLOG?
Take a look at these nine questions before you decide:
1) Are you really really passionate about something?
2) Do you have either a personal desire to speak your mind OR a business need to put your brand presence online?
3) Can you commit to some degree of consistency — whether it is once a week, three times a week, or three times a day?
4) Do you like to do like Picasso, i.e., Always Do What You Do Not Know How To Do In Order To Learn How To Do It?
5) If you make a mistake, can you admit it, accept it, and move on?
6) Can you be patient about gaining a larger readership?
7) Will you take time to read and comment on other bloggers’ articles?
8- Can you participate in a conversation where you could get criticized?
9) Would you like to be an authentic, honest, interesting voice in the Blogosphere?
And to help you get started, you can check out my post on HOW TO START A BLOG and another post by my favorite blogger Adam Singer 50 Blogging Lessons To Know If You’re Starting Today