A few weeks ago, I felt like I’d died and gone to Heaven.
That’s the sensation one has when a passion is being filled to the brimming [tipping?] point.
For a student of the Social Media Revolution, nothing could be more gratifying and fulfilling than to hear a panel of highly influential Social Media Mavens describe what’s happening “out there” . . . Now . . . and what’s likely in our Future.
Sponsored by The Next Bench, an official HP destination for innovation and computing enthusiasts.
Wednesday, Aug 19 – San Mateo, CA
Moderated by Tony “Frosty: Welch, Community Manager for The Next Bunch, responsible for Web, Community and Social Media Strategy.
Steve Rubel, SVP Director of Insights for Edelman Digital, div. of the world’s largest independent PR firm.
Richard Brewer-Hay, Senior Manager Social Media Strategy & Chief Blogger for Ebay
Michael Brito, Social Media Strategist at Intel
Angela LoSasso, Social Networking Manager at HP
THE ENTIRE WEB WILL GO SOCIAL
FISH WHERE THE FISH ARE
YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU NEED UNTIL YOU NEED IT
IT’S ALL ABOUT STORY-TELLING
THE MORE YOU LOWER THE BAR, THE EASIER IT IS FOR THE WORLD TO GO ROUND
IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT CONVERSION — CONVERSATION IS CRITICAL
* Experts are looking to lower the bar.
* Being “Gracious” is vital to being IN with Social Media.
* The Social Media Revolution is like a fast-moving sushi train.
* The Four Basic Means of Measuring Social Media Value: (1) Reach; (2) Engagement; (3) Reputation; (4) Trial/Transaction
* The Top Ten websites from a decade ago had one social network site; today more than half are social media.
* Digital Embassy Strategy: Fish where the fish are — have Embassies in all the venues where your customers are
“People don’t buy products; they buy LifeStyles.”
* Companies are screwing up as they experiment with social media, BUT these mistakes don’t seem to hurt the Bottom Line.
* Innovation really matters: *****INNOVATE IN SMALL WAYS – Those who innovate and iterate in small ways are positioned to pull ahead when things go mainstream. When something becomes a winner, you’ll be there.
* Social Media is NOT YET MAINSTREAM!
“Those who innovate and iterate in small ways are postioned to pull ahead when things go mainstream.”
* Smart companies will take advantage of people with strong personal brands.
* Do not look at Social Media in a vacuum: Look at all stakeholders and determine where social media fits. Where’s the HIGHER PURPOSE?
* Social Media, conversation media, whatever you want to call it — it’s all about one-to-one.
* We’re on THE CUTTING EDGE: The Internet is always changing.
Don’t miss the next in HP’s series. Just check with Frosty.
ALSO Do Not miss my report on “Does Marketing/PR Suck? And what to do about it” – a panel discussion featuring Guy Kawasaki, Louis Gray, Loic LeMuir, Renee Blodgett, and Steve Patrizi
Next Post: Notes about SEO from PRWeb webinar