One of the treasured opportunities for BNI [Business Networking International] members is the time we get to present an extended Infomercial to our “salesforce,” i.e. our chapter members.
Next week I plan to condense my 2-hour LinkedIn workshop into seven minutes — to provide an outline of tips for filling out the LI profile that is too often neglected by busy careerists.
To get the most from this worksheet, you might want to check out my article 10 steps to build up your LinkedIn profile for maximum findability online.
Use blank lines for your notes.
LinkedIn Profile Worksheet
1. Photo: _____________________________________________________________________
2. Headline: ____________________________________________________________________
3. Update: _____________________________________________________________________
4. Current position[s]: Be certain to use keywords [phrases]
5. Recommendations: ____________________________________________________________
6. Connections: _________________________________________________________________
7. Websites: ____________________________________________________________________
8. Twitter: ______________________________________________________________________
9. Public Profile: _________________________________________________________________
10. ALL IMPORTANT SUMMARY:
√ FIRST PARAGRAPH: Communicate quickly and clearly the type of opportunities you are seeking.
√ SECOND PARAGRAPH: Highlight 3 or 4 key career accomplishments that demonstrate your qualifications. [Don’t use bullet points. Make it a friendly narrative.]
√ THIRD PARAGRAPH: Answer the question: How are you UNIQUE? How are you DIFFERENT?
√ ADD “for more info” line __________________________________________________________
√ ADD common misspellings _________________________________________________________
√ SPECIALTIES: Include ALL the keyword phrases you think people might use to search for someone who does what you do.
Please feel free to add more suggestions to this list in the comment section below. And . . . if you have any questions, please ask.
Meanwhile here’s a bit larger copy of my LI profile if it will give you ideas for enhancing your own: