While it’s true that we are clearly in the “early adopter” stage of Social Media for Business, that does not mean that your gut feeling is wrong: SOCIAL MEDIA/INTERNET MARKETING is the Way We Will Do Business.
So the sooner your organization hops onboard, the faster you will be able to build the customer-concentric community that will inevitably lead to a more profitable business.
Here are some ideas on how to convince your boss that he’ll learn a whole lot on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook:
1. Listen and hear what people think about your company and your industry.
2. Discover that fear of public opinion is unjustified; your community simply wants transparency and authenticity.
3. With thousands of bright minds online, you’ll get lots of ideas and help formulating solutions for problems in your marketplace.
4. Honesty and generosity cost little, but reap Huge Rewards.
5. Garner “brownie points” just for being “out there.”
6. Experimenting is fun, necessary, creative, and guaranteed to produce positive results.
7. Successful companies will all be customer-centric.
8. Prospects will become customers; customers become loyalists; loyalists are your new influencers. You can’t buy that kind of advertising.
9. Get the jump on the competition. Everyone will be “out there”‘ get out sooner.
10. Finally, realize that isolation from your community cannot be a model for profitability.
JUST DO IT!
And for those of you who have DONE IT, please add to this list of ways to convince the boss.