Forget the OLD Rules of PR.
Read below for David Meerman Scott’s NEW RULES for Marketing AND PR:
1) Marketing is MORE than ads.
2) PR is MORE than mainstream media.
3) YOU are what you Publish.
4) People want AUTHENTICITY, not Spam.
5) Participation NOT propaganda.
6) “Interruption” be GONE; instead: Content when people want it.
7) Focus on Long Tail, not Mass Audience.
8) Forget TV and maximize online presence.
9) Forget awards, forcus on winning business.
10) Public is back in PUBLIC Relations.
11) Content drives Action.
12) All sorts of social media platforms communicate directly with buyers.
13) On the Web: Marketing and PR are ONE.
You can read David Meerman Scott’s blog posts at WebInkNow.com.
Next post: Here are the Old Rules . . . for your consideration, or . . . for disposal 🙂